Friday, 13 December 2013
Painting, Painting, Painting!
Well, I have been flat out like a lizard drinking, painting, painting, painting!
The BA 64s are now complete and are shown below undercoated. I used Dulux Grey Metal Primer as the undercoat. I never have problems with this particular brand, it coats well and dries fairly quickly.
The model I have kept for myself was airbrushed with Vallejo Model Air Camouflage Green. This paint is made especially for use with an airbrush and has given very good results. It says it does not need thinning but I added a few drops of thinner anyway. Camouflage Green was chosen to represent the Russian Green which is no longer available apparently.
The Tyres were painted with Humbrol M67 which gives a good representation of used rubber.
I just have to scout around now for some "Patriotic"decals and numbers in Cyrillic to add to the sides and turret.
Also finished is the first of the Schneider CA1s. This particular model was painted in the "Flames"scheme. Vallejo Uniform Green and Humbrol M70 was used for the camouflage stripes.
The tracks were painted with a base coat of Vallejo Beasty Brown and Black, then dry brushed with Beasty Brown, then Leather Brown and finally Gunmetal. If the Gunmetal was too obvious in places, another drybushing of Beasty Brown was then applied.
The last Schneider, the 4 colour scheme model should be finished shortly, just needs varnishing with Satin Acrylic. I hope to post photos shortly.